Pleasures and Ponderings

Friday, April 22, 2011

Looking Down on Alki Beach Feb. 19, 2011

The birds hoer, caught in air pockets
On this wind-ravaging day on Alki.
The Olympics, dressed in their finest winter white,
Are the background we'd love on any February calendar page.

The waves are chasing each other
And carrying a long waterboard surfer far and fast.
The ferry is making its trip to or from Vashon
And those seagulls fascinate me
With their acrobatic show on the wind's trapeze.

The artificial flowers at our table give color
As we eat our fish and chips.
The crowd around us is enjoying the Saturday respite from daily concerns.

I'm with a friend with whom I can be totally myself--
Another picture I'd love on a calendar page.
And those birds, those waves, those mountains
Fill every spot that's open in my heart.
I am content, more than content.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home